christmas is in two days, and i will not be ready. i am ALMOST ready, but not quite. and the problem with not having enough to do at work is that i have TOO much to do at home, but i can't get to any of it right now. there are days (read: every day) when i miss being unemployed. if it weren't for that money thing...
and don't get me wrong, i love my boss, and my job is mostly fine, i just wish we were independently wealthy so that we could just work on our own stuff. i have PLENTY to keep me busy--always. stupid money. *grumble*
and my head hurts.
ok--enough bitching. on a more cheerful note, tomorrow is christmas eve, which we will spend with friends eating the fabulous italian feast i will make for us. here, for your drooling pleasure, is the menu:
- an antipasto platter featuring olives, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes marinated in olive oil and thyme, sauteed baby portabellas, fresh mozerella, sopressata, roasted yellow peppers, and pepperoncini
- caesar salad (made by betsy)
- bruchetta with tomato and basil
- rosemary sourdough bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- 3-cheese tortelloni with priciutto and alfredo sauce
- baked asparagus with parmesan and butter
- herb roasted chicken
- dark chocolate pudding
- a non-chocolate dessert made or purchased by jenn
the cooking doesn't scare me--it's all the knitting and wrapping i need to finish!!! god, christmas came fast this year!