Friday, February 08, 2008

showin' me the love

prey animal
every weekend the hippie sweeps and vacuums the floor. in order to do this, he picks up all the cat toys and puts them on the bottom shelf of our living room bookshelves. the cats know where they are, and retrieve them at will. we know from this what toys are the favorites and who likes what the best. the three most loved (or maybe hated?) slowly make their way from the living room to our bedroom. like good outdoor cats--they bring us their kills. this past week, samson has been freaked out by me being so sick--he comes and checks in on me all the time. am i ok? is that coughing thing still happening? where's the hairball? can he help? i guess putting his favorite catnip filled squirrel/ferret/chipmunk thing on the bed for me was the best he could do. i am still giggling about it. just look at how ferocious he is. are you not trembling in fear?

6 comments:

sgeddes said...

What a beautiful cat. It is amazing how amimals now what is going on and can show that they are aware and care.

I still haven't forgotten that kntting we're supposed to do.

Allegra said...

your hippie sweeps and vacuums?? I didn't know it was in a man's genetic makeup to do things like that! heh heh! :)

Anonymous said...

The hippie has swept and vacuumed since a little boy. He does dishes and carries big buckets of water and knows how to fix a fire, too (we lived in the woods:). God bless him!
Hippie's mom wouldn't have made it without him and misses him much, since I'm still in the woods:) ~Denise Oh, and 11 years later at "MY" age, I still miss the belly sometimes too:)

Lisa C. said...

Oh, she brought you her toy to make you feel better. Aren't pets sweet. Recently, our dog, who usually drives the boys crazy would by not leaving my side, stuck to my oldest like glue, when he suffered his first heart break. I think at that moment, Jack was bringing him more comfort than I could.

sweetfigs said...

He's freaking gorgeous!

Nik said...

that is one beautiful cat.